Advanced Hybrid IP/SDI Toolset
The Sx TAG is ideal for engineers who need to work across SMPTE 2110* and 2022-6 IP streams, as well as SDI and Analog formats. The IP encapsulation/decapsulation is supported using 10GE IP SFP+ modules, and the status is presented within the Sx TAG’s monitoring toolsets. New Tx/Rx instrument windows are provided for network configuration and monitoring. The Sx TAG’s advanced analysis toolset also includes an enhanced waveform with low pass mode, horizontal/vertical zoom and chroma analysis, as well as AES eye analysis and a vectorscope with color wheel analysis.
In addition to providing access to SMPTE 2110* and 2022-6 IP streams, the integrated SFP cage also provides support to additional formats, such as fiber optic and HDMI. For more information on the SFP modules, click HERE
For audio support the PHABRIX® TAG-C provides a D15 breakout connector providing both balanced analog and AES input/output. AES waveform display allows a visual check of levels and reference lock. Advanced audio features including Dolby® E, Dolby® Digital, and Dolby® Digital Plus are supported allowing the TAG-C to be considered as a replacement for the discontinued Dolby® DM100.
* FUTURE SOFTWARE RELEASE
Ultra Portable, Rugged Design and Easy To Use
The Sx TAG offers exceptional mobility with a lightweight (0.9 kg) but rugged aluminum case with an integral, high-quality screen for instrument display and video monitoring. Its color-coded GUI simplifies signal and instrument selection, making any of the Sx series generator/analyzers easy to use for busy engineers who need to diagnose faults and assure compliance quickly. The generator/analyzer operates via rechargeable lithium battery for up 2 hours, and can also be powered by the mains to offer flexible operation around facilities.
Hybrid IP/SDI + Analog generation, analysis & monitoring
- Simultaneous generation and analysis for SMPTE compliance testing
- SMPTE 2110 and 2022-6 stream encapsulation/decapsulation for IP video networks
- 3G/HD/SD-SDI support plus Analog Composite [PAL-I, PAL-N, PAL-N (ARG), PAL-M, NTSC-M, NTSC-M (JP)]
- SFP cage for SDI-Optical, HDMI and IP
- Embedded audio generation, analysis & monitoring with 1x AES in, 1x AES out, 48kHz 75 Ohm
- Balanced analog audio I/O
- Auto Bi-level, Tri-level, and SDI genlock with cross lock capability
Advanced video analysis toolset
- Over 350 formats supported for compliance monitoring
- 12-bit YRGB/YUV waveform monitor with horizontal/vertical zoom, chroma, and low pass mode
- Vectorscope with color wheel for checking color bias/conformity
- Signal generation with 32 test patterns, including Pathological and moving patterns
- CRC error detection, video aspect ratio detection and SMPTE 351 display
- HANC/VANC support
- Pixel check and picture zoom
Multi-channel audio analysis & monitoring
- Embed a single external 48kHz synchronous AES stream into the generated video stream
- Extract embedded audio and export it via the AES output
- 16 channel audio metering
- Dolby® E, Dolby® Digital and Dolby® Digital Plus bitstream analysis
- Audio AES eye analysis
Remote access, automation & logging
- TCP/IP interface for remote control and automated testing
- Comprehensive status logging with custom reports
- Instrument picture capture to simplify fault finding
Ultra-portable, easy to use design
- High quality, 16:9 built-in screen for video monitoring
- Rechargeable lithium battery delivers 1-2 hours operation and mains power also available
- Superior ease of use with color-coded GUI
- Lightweight at 0.9kg
- Rugged aluminum case for demanding broadcast environments
NOTE: As of September 2017, all units come with the Generator capability included. If you already own a TAG unit without the Generation capability, the option is still available for purchase separately.
Starting in April 2018, this new version of the Sx TAG is introduced to analyze, measure, and monitor IP signals. The Sx TAG-IP converts the IP signal (SMPTE 2022-6 and SMPTE 2110) into SDI and therefore open the same measurement tools that the standard Sx-TAG has, such as waveform, vectorscope, audio analysis, etc. If you own a standard Sx TAG/C and want to add IP capabilities, you will need to add the PHSXTAGC2IP option and the unit needs to be sent back to the factory. For more information, please contact your AVBB Sales Representative.
IF YOU WANT A FREE PRODUCT DEMONSTRATION OR TRY THE Sx TAG PORTABLE ANALYZER, PLEASE CONTACT US.